September 21, 2007

resurfacing...

This is always a busy season for us. For all families, I guess. I can hardly believe that it's been a month since I last posted. I've lurked around and thought about things to post but never made it here. Now, there's so much to write about, I'm overwhelmed. Here's a list of the things that have happened around here in the past 30 days...

*I have a new sister!! My brother-in-law got married a few weeks ago. All four of us were in the wedding. It was beautiful. I'll devote a whole post to it soon - I promise!

*There was a surprise party/reception/open house for my cousin that just got back from serving in Iraq. I got to hug on him and hold that new baby of his. That baby looks just like him! It sure was good to see him. He moved back to the base with wife and baby in tow today. Prayers for them would be appreciated.

*My daughter started 6th grade - and with that, came an amazing obsession with the phone.

*My son started pre-school. He loves it! I'm getting used to the idea. I can't believe he's ready for this. It's only 3 mornings a week but my heart says it's so much more than that.

*Both kids started their soccer seasons. This is my son's first time playing soccer. Those little ones are adorable. And when did my daughter learn to kick like that? I'll post some pictures soon.

*I started attending a Bible study/book study group. I've learned a lot. Most of all, I am enjoying the fellowship with other like-minded Christians. I'll post some of the amazing things happening soon. (Seems like I have a lot to post "soon"!)

*My mother-in-law's work schedule was changed so my work schedule is changing. She was the one to watch my son while I worked two days a week. Now, I'll be home every day except one. On that day, I'll go to my study group and then to work for the afternoon. A blessing for sure but it was chaotic there for a minute!

*The evaluation for our pastor had to be done and since I'm head of that committee at church, guess who had to spearhead that? It was well, um, interesting, and hopefully we are on track now. Kinda stressful for little ole me there for a bit.

*I feel so bad that I just now found out that I was given an award A MONTH AGO! Bev at Scratchin' the Surface so nicely awarded me this Nice Matters Award:
She is so sweet and I always love to see what she's up to. If you haven't had the chance to visit her, stop by! Thanks Bev! It's funny that I got this award because we've taught our kids that Jesus wants us to be nice. And they make sure to remind us when we need it! :)

Whew! I think that catches us up. As you can tell, I have lots to post about but I didn't want to go on and on and on and on in one post. So, I'll be back - and it won't take me a whole month this time!

4 rays through the fog:

Darlene said...

Congrads on the awaard. You deserve it. You're a keeper.

I thought about Josh a lot today:(
Glad his wife and baby get to go with him for a while.

And I can't believe that little guy is old enough to go to school, even if it is pre-school.

Love ya.

Judith said...

I know of company executives who aren't as busy, and have to juggle schedules as much as you. Most of all, I'm so thankful your soldier made it home. And your surprise award, no one deserves it more. Will be praying for you, as you deal with so many changes.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you've been quite busy! Which church do you go to? Ours is over in Liberty Township (The River).

Congrats on the award!!

Barb said...

It's always nice to hear from you, no matter how often or seldom it is.

I totally understand that sometimes you just have to stop and have a life. Otherwise, what on earth would you post about!

Nice to hear from you again. It always is. And congrats to your 6th grader!

Congratulations on your award. You're a lovely person and very deserving.

 
design by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com