July 2, 2007

catchin' up with a meme

I was tagged more than a month ago by my friend Chels at My Puddles of Thoughts and I never got around to doing it. I've been wanting to blog for a few days and couldn't get my thoughts together. Today, I remembered this tag - perfect!

Here goes...

What were you doing 10 years ago?
July of 1997 - I was working full time and getting ready for my baby girl's very first birthday. That means she'll be 11 this week!!

What were you doing 1 year ago?
July of 2006 - juggling my daughter's custody schedule and dealing with my son's strep throat. Wow, bet that was fun.

Five snacks you enjoy:
*pretzels (unsalted)
*cookies
*BBQ chips or pretzels
*muffins (cinnamon or pumpkin are my favorite)
*gummy anything

Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:
*Greatest Man I Never Knew by Reba
*Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-Lot
*Sara Beth by Rascal Flatts
*Jesus, Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood
*Everything I Do, I Do It for You by Bryan Adams

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
*Live on an island
*Buy a new car, probably a minivan
*Pay off all my family's mortgages (and then some)
*Travel
*Give away a lot of it, probably to kids charities

Five bad habits:
*spending too much time on the world wide web
*leaving the last load of clothes in the washer - forget to switch it to the dryer
*when the light in the car comes on to let me know I need gas, I wait another day until I really need gas (I know, pretty dumb of me)
*leaving the kids toys out at the end of the day - like Chels said, why clean them up when it's going to look just like that tomorrow?
*procrastinating about everything

Five things you like doing:
*spending time with the family
*surfing the world wide web, especially blogs
*reading
*taking photographs
*writing

Five things you would never wear again:
*Most things from high school - it wouldn't fit
*the cute barrettes my mom made me when I was in school - they were cute but wouldn't be in style now
*a two piece swimsuit (unless I lose, I don't know, 50 pounds)
*jelly shoes
*the ugly puke yellow volleyball jersey I wore in high school

Five favorite toys:
*laptop
*mp3 player
*Cars movie cars (they keep the boy quiet)
*my daughter's personal DVD player (hey, I didn't buy it and it keeps her quiet on car trips)
*I guess I'll say the TV, even though as a rule, I am anti-TV

I'm gonna tag -
I'm going to take the easy route and say whoever wants to do it, feel free! Just make sure you comment so I can come visit! :)

0 rays through the fog:

 
design by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com