March 2, 2007

ultimate blog party


Welcome to my little corner of the world! Please ignore the loud, boy noises coming from the two over there. Oh, and could you shove that bottle into the mouth of that screaming baby? I think I hear the drama queen coming in from school. Her attitude may need adjusting and her eyes must not have very strong muscles because they roll a lot. But I'm so glad you're here! Sit back and stay awhile!

My name is Andrea. I'm so glad that 5 minutes for mom is hosting this cool party. What a great opportunity to get to know new bloggers! If you are interested in joining in, just click on that button at the top and head on over to their site (that is, if I did that right!).

I started blogging about a year and a half ago. At first, it was just my journal online so that my husband could read it at work. About a year ago, I stumbled upon Lisa Whelchel's website and she suggested her friend Sarah's blog for moms of young ones. From there, I found a bunch of other Christian ladies and blogging took on a whole new meaning. I think it's so wonderful to have developed the friendships I have. I was always so cautious about online stuff (and I still am) but there are so many neat people who really care in this blogging community. What an encouragement!

I've been married almost six years to the love of my life. I work part-time at a bank. I used to be a full time stay-at-home-mom but circumstances made it so I needed to work some. I am thankful for the time I am able to be at home. I have a girl who is 10 (going on 16) and a boy that's 3, almost 4. I also babysit a 2 year old boy on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. He's been with me since he was 6 or 7 weeks old and feels like one of my own. I just started babysitting a 2 month old girl on Fridays. (I totally forgot all that a newborn needs. How quickly we forget!) Oh, and I sell Pampered Chef too. Not as much as I used to but I still keep my hand in it. As you can see, it gets a little crazy around here sometimes.

Well, I'm glad you stopped by. Please feel free to look around awhile. Comment if you get a chance - I'd love to come visit you too! :) Happy Party-ing!

22 rays through the fog:

My Trendy Tykes said...

Welcome to the party!!

Linda

Barb said...

You know, Andrea, I didn't realize that being connected to my niece by Lisa is how you met this community of bloggers. I've heard more people say they found Sarah first and then found the rest of us.

Small world.

I also didn't realize you sell Pampered Chef. Boy, I'm a huge fan of PC. I have their products and their hand lotions, hand soap and candles all over my house. Before we moved out west, my neighbor across the street was a dealer and she LOVED me. LOL

Great party. Noisy little kids and all! :-)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I sold PC for 5 years! :)

Happy Blog Party to you! :)

~Beki (I'm having a jewelry drawing for my guests. :))

Diane Viere said...

So glad you found your way into this incredible community of Bloggers! Have fun partying this week.....I sure am!

Stop by for a visit when you have time.

Diane

Erin said...

Hope you're enjoying the party! Nice to find your blog.

Judy said...

Happy Party! I love PC as well... as a matter of fact, I made four mini-loaves of the beer bread the other day and all of them were gone before morning! Good stuff :-)

I'm happy to meet you and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

I really enjoyed Lisa W.'s website too. If I homeschool I will definitely use her site to research. I hope your party goes well this week, enjoy the visitors!

Happy Blogging!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I used to work at a bank, that's where I met my husband.

And Pampered Chef! Love that stuff!

Sounds like you have your hands full with all the kiddos running around.

You've got a great party going on over here. Could you pass the chips? *grin*

Anonymous said...

LOL! Sounds like you're describing my daughter!

Just making the Ultimate Blog Party rounds and wanted to stop by and say hi. I'll be back again during the week to see what's going on around here.

If you get a chance, please stop by and check out my photo contest and daily book giveaway.

Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog via the blog party! I also read the blogs by Sarah & Lisa!

Brenda said...

What's a party without a little noise? We should play "six degrees of Sarah" don't you think? I found her through BooMama, then I met Barb and Bev and the rest of the family, and I believe I found you through the "Bloggy Tour of Testimonies." I love having such great connections.

Have a blessed week!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a busy life you lead!
Nice to meet you!

Girl Raised in the South said...

YOU are one busy lady - work PT, daycare, Pampered Chef, when on earth do you get to sleep? Bet not much, bless your heart. I enjoyed stopping by for a visit.

Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the Ultimate Blog Party. Nice to meet ya.

I will be starting my 3rd party favor give away later tonight. Come on over when ya get a chance.

PARTY ON!!!!

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

WOW! I can't believe how much we have in common...so glad you stopped by my blog...I'm loving the whole blog party...meeting a lot of new folks I am going to have to add to my google reader!

EEEEMommy said...

Enjoying the party!
Blessings,
Angel

Anonymous said...

Thank you for adding your link to the party list- it way a joy visiting!

Andrea said...

hi my name is Andrea, too!
It is very nice to "meet" you!

cheryl said...

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I was reading a bit of yours. I have 9 & 10 year old girls and they are going on 16 too (unless you need them to clean up...then they revert back to infancy!!) And we have a 3 year old boy we are adopting...they all have a big brother who is 12.

I will be back to read again...hope to see you soon.

P.S. How did you get the pictures of the books to come up on your blog - I looked around that site but couldnt find anything.

Cheryl, from the Belly of the Whale

Anonymous said...

OOOOOH! I love your header! That is so beautiful and the words are particularly meaningful when paired with the image! You cracked me up with your comment about your daughter's "weak eyes." I'm here from the party and would love to see you at either of my blogs: The Porch Light and Little Fun; Little Learning. Enjoy yourself; I know I am! Thanks for having me.

Susanne said...

Stopping by with the blog party to say Hi. Beautiful blog design!

Brandie said...

Hello! Stopping by for the party. SOrry, I'm late ... so many blogs to see and not enough time to visit them all.
This is a great blog you have here =)

 
design by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com