January 21, 2007

snow

We woke up this morning to snow. Lots of it. Well, in light of the ice storms and recent Colorado snow storms, it wasn't really lots. But for the mild winter we've been having, it's lots. Our son is having a cow over all the snow. He wants to build a snowman, thanks to the suggestion from the lady that cut his hair yesterday. I'm hoping that will be a project that Daddy will tackle with him. I'm not really into playing in the snow. Something about being bundled up, wet, and freezing just doesn't appeal to me. However, being curled up on the couch with a good book and a hot cup of tea sounds heavenly.

My son got his haircut yesterday. As she was cutting it, he said it looked like Rascal Flatts. He thinks the singer from Rascal Flatts is indeed named Rascal Flatts. The first couple of times he said that, I just laughed. Could you imagine a mother calling for her son, "Rascal? Hey Rascal! It's time for dinner!" I apologize if anyone's name really is Rascal. I know that the name fits for my son sometimes but anyway, I digress...The singer has his hair spiked in front. It really looks like he didn't comb his hair that day. Actually, it probably takes longer to do his hair than it takes me to do mine. Well, the lady that was cutting his hair asked if he wanted her to put gel in it and make it look that way all day. He was ecstatic. My husband has done this for him on occasion but apparently he loves it. This morning it still has that little piece in the front sticking up. I think it looks like a cross between Dennis the Menace and Mr. Cool Guy. Oh, I love having a boy.

My daughter is off to her dad's for the weekend. She didn't want to go again. But she came around when she figured out they were going out to eat. Is that all it takes? Is she really that fickle? I hate having to figure out these things. Trying to take her opinions and judge them against adult standards to figure out if she is ready to make decisions about who she wants to be with and where she should go - impossible! Most days I just throw my hands up and move on. But someday - and someday soon I'm afraid - this will face me and there will be no avoiding it. In the meantime, I can't wait for her to come home tonight. It's so quiet around here without her!

I finally just hit "all read" on my bloglines. I had been avoiding doing that because I figured I would get to all the posts eventually. But by the time I was getting to posts, it was such old news I felt dumb commenting on it. So I decided to start from scratch. Hopefully that will get me back in the swing of things. I look forward to catching up with everyone!

1 rays through the fog:

Barb said...

Sometimes the number of posts showing in bloglines is so overwhelming all you can do is hit "all read" and start over. I've done it a couple of times.

His hair sounds cute! Imagine him liking hair gel. So cute.

I don't envy you the having to go back and forth with your daughter. I'm sure it's difficult and it can't help when she doesn't want to go to her dad's but has to anyway.

We're very lucky we moved to this side of the mountains in Colorado. We spent 25 years going through horrible winters on the other side and this winter is awful over there. A little snow is fun and pretty. What's they've been getting is a nightmare!

 
design by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com