August 25, 2006

friday's feast #108 (#2 for me)

appetizer
If you could have a free subscription to any magazine, which one would you like to have?

oh boy, oh boy...hmmm...should i select Real Simple or the new Hallmark magazine? or what about Country Living. and then there's Oprah's magazine. and Today's Christian Woman. and Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion (that the library just stopped getting!!!). well, i guess i'll go with People because it's the one that's so darn expensive! can you tell i love me a magazine or two? (and isn't it funny that i hardly capitalize anything in this blog but the magazine titles are capped? unintentional - really!)

soup
Describe your living room (furnishings, colors, etc.).

the living room is the one place i try to keep "visitor friendly". sometimes it works and most times it doesn't. it's a big room with a white couch we got when a dear friend passed away. we just got these two light blue chairs that my husband loves. there's a brown recliner in the corner. a cedar chest that my daughter's uncle made one Christmas. a bookshelf with 1/2 of my library (it won't all fit!). a curio cabinet with lots of prettys, especially the start of my collection of willow tree angels by demdaco. oh, the curio cabinet has the wreath of flowers i wore in my hair at our wedding too. i love that. there is also an antique sewing machine in this room (i told ya it was a big room!). there is a blue rug on the floor (a housewarming gift from my lovely "mothers") and a big bay window that gives a view of our backyard. it's painted an off-white color and has a hardwood floor. my husband hung my coat hanger thingy from ikea at the entrance to the room and i love that too. nothing else on the walls yet. just moved in. i know, i know, we moved 8 months ago. so i'm a little slow on the decorating. i want to do it once and do it right. i'm thinking... :)

salad
What does the shape of a circle make you think of?

my wedding. you know..."the ring is a circle that symbolizes your love for one another...no beginning and no end..." and the connection between God and a couple. at the time, it also reminded me of our families joining together as one.

main course
Name 3 things in your life that you consider to be absolute necessities.

man, this is testing my brain power! only three? okay, here goes:
1. my relationship with Jesus
2. my family and friends
3. my chapstick (aw, come on, you gotta be shallow sometimes!)

dessert
What was the last really funny movie you watched?

cars, i guess. don't watch too many movies. and there are some really funny "adults" moments in that movie. they are so clever.

To learn more about Friday's Feast, click here.
To get the questions and participate, click here.

1 rays through the fog:

Barb said...

I hear you on People Magazine! I used to take it but it's just ridiculous how expensive it is. My daughter recycles hers to me now.

And your living room sounds lovely, especially the floors. I love hardwood floors.

I'll email you soon as I can catch my breath here. :-)

 
design by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com