August 23, 2006

first day of school...last day with the tiger

she made it through
the first day of 5th grade
surprisingly quiet about it
strange for her
is this the beginning
of not wanting to talk to mom?
i hope not
(i can't believe i want her
to talk...how many years have
i endured the ceaseless chatter?)

last day with the tiger
his mom picked him up
at the soccer field
he seemed largely unaffected
and although i promised a dance
i actually felt a little sad
for a moment
that little boys grow up
but a shout from my son
pulled my attention to the field
"pway baseball wif me, mommy?"
and the moment faded away

working tomorrow
on my lunch i will visit
my friend ms. a
please pray for me
i am struggling with her suffering
and i want to convey my concern
but more than that
i want to be a reflection of Jesus
she has been that for me
so many times
and i feel that her only comfort
can come from feeling
the love and peace of Jesus
i don't want to get in the way of that

i've been tagged to do a meme
and if you don't understand
what that means
stay tuned
i'll explain tomorrow night
when i post again...

until then,
take care

3 rays through the fog:

MommaMonkey said...

I'm glad H made it through the first day. I think fifth grade was one of the toughest times for me in elementary school. I'm sure she'll start opening up to you more. She may just be adjusting to her new environment.
Stay strong for your friend, even though I know it's hard. I'm sure you being there for her is the best thing you could do for her. I'm sure she enjoys her time with you, and your talks.
I'm glad your responsibilities have lightened up a bit. (Tiger) Now if we could just sell that house of yours! I'm still praying. Maybe if I start shouting my prayers, God will hear it a little bit clearly. :)

MommaMonkey said...

Oh yeah...what the heck is a meme? I've seen that word in the blog-world, but still haven't figured out what the heck it is!

Barb said...

I doubt she's hit that troublesome age where she won't share everything with you yet. Seems to me that comes a little later than fifth grade. I'm one of the lucky ones who never experienced that. My daughters always talked to me about everything. But I know I'm in the minority there. It really seems to be a stage they go through. And I'll say a prayer that your presence comforts your friend. So sad.

 
design by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com