January 18, 2008

friday's feast #176 (#20)

After a brief hiatus (okay, 21 of these have passed by without my participation...), I'm glad to be able to do a Friday's Feast! Click on the picture above to find out more or to check out others answers to today's feast. Here goes...
Appetizer

What is your favorite beverage?

My favorite beverage is probably peach Propel or Wild Cherry Pepsi. But seeing as how both of those are are my no-no list (for medical reasons), I settle for water or decaf hot tea. Nothing beats a hot cup of tea on a cold winter day!

Soup

Name 3 things that are on your computer desk at home or work.

Well, I use a laptop and the laptop lives on an end table in our family room. On the end table is a box of stationary, a stack of books to be read, and a lamp. Boy, that's boring. :)

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how honest do you think you are?

Probably a 9. Not a 10 because I just can't tell that lady with the really funky haircut that it's awful when she asks. But other than those kinds of cases, I try really, really hard to be honest. Life is too short to be any other way. Besides, God calls us to be honest. That's the least I can do.

Main Course
If you could change the name of one city in the world, what would you rename it and why?

This one is really hard for me. I mean it took ALL of the nine months (and really, it's ten months, but who's counting, right?) to name my son. I guess I would rename Put-in-Bay, Ohio (even though I think that place already has a cool name). I would rename it Manna. The blue water there was such a blessing to me. The whole island made me just slow down inside. I wish I could live there. It quenched a deep thirst in my soul and made me feel really close to God. I'm sure the people who received the manna from heaven felt really close to God and taken care of by Him. What a cool feeling!

Dessert
What stresses you out? What calms you down?

I get really stressed out when the house is cluttered. I know that sounds trivial but it does. I am also stressed out when someone close to me is hurting. I have a really big heart and sometimes that isn't a good thing. Well, I mean, it is a good thing - it just makes me feel things more deeply than some and that can be stressful.

I am calmed by blue water. By blue water, I mean lake water or the ocean. We live by a river and it is mud brown. That doesn't do it. My favorite blue water is found at the end of the Navy Pier in Chicago. And the water surrounding Put-in-Bay, Ohio. I am also calmed down by reading. Escaping to another world for a little bit always helps.


2 rays through the fog:

Allison said...

Loved your feast.

Water's always awesome for a good relaxing moment---I love going over and walking with the family by Lake Erie :-D It's one of the few places you can be close to God but still be in the thick of things sometimes. :-)

Come visit!

Barb said...

I have no idea how you came up with that answer for the main course, Andrea. I would have had to think about that one forever.

I could have written your answer to the dessert, word for word. Exactly the same things stress me (clutter, and anyone I love or care about hurting almost kills me). And I probably don't even have to tell you how I feel about blue water. Especially if it's coming at me in WAVES, as in, on the beach.

Great answers!

 
design by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com