March 19, 2007

happy birthday to me!

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me!

Yes, today is my birthday. It's been great! My mom woke me up with a Happy Birthday call. Hey, she didn't know that I didn't have to babysit today or that my lovely husband TOOK A VACATION DAY (a major deviation in the ways of his world) to spend the day with me. Nor could she have known that my husband did the getting-ready-for-school routine with our daughter this morning so I could SLEEP IN! Bless his ever-lovin' heart! And really, I didn't want to sleep my birthday away!

The next phone call was from my roommate in college. Nothing like a little off-key birthday singing! :)

Then there was a ring of the doorbell and I got 24 beautiful yellow roses from one of my high school best friends. They are gorgeous!

We're headed to dinner in a little while. The whole family is going out to eat and then coming back to our house for cake. Speaking of the cake...I usually make the cakes for our whole family. But on my birthday, my husband makes my cake (usually). It is so cute to see him in there trying to wrap his analytical mind around these cake directions. You would think it was written in a foreign language! But it turned out great. I've been hearing quite a bit of whispering in there as he and our daughter decorate it. Hmmm...this should be good.

Well, I'm off to par-tay! Even if my husband has reminded me that I'm beginning my fourth decade on this here earth. How'd I get so old?!

4 rays through the fog:

MommaMonkey said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you enjoyed your night out!

We need to do a birthday dinner at the OG!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I Had fun tonight! And to give him credit, it was a very good cake and I was impressed with the decorating

Judith said...

Happy b day to you, Happy b day to you, Happy b day dear friend!!!!!!!

Happy b day to you.

Wow, that's pretty good, a husband who bakes, and your child helping out, and a call from Mom, and roses too. Sounds like a b day celebration to me, and I have more good news. Those numbers on your calendar??? the're just there to help with government censuses and deciding where to build the next KFC. I'd pretty much ignore them, and just smell the roses.

Darlene said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Happy Birthday.

 
design by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com